You can create Schumann resonance, or alpha brain waves, yourself. And you can do it anytime, anywhere. All you need is your body, your brain, a little bit of space and some music.
We’re talking about a very simple technique called brain-wave vibration that will help you tune back to your natural rhythm. The exercise uses vibrations in the body to change the vibrations in the brain, creating waves that resonate properly with the rest of your bodily functions. Through the gentle rhythms created in the body, you will release bodily tension and bring your brain toward a calm, comfortable state.
It its simplest form, brain-wave vibration just involves moving your body freely to its own internal rhythm while focusing on a particular intention or just your body’s sensations. A session can be just a few minutes up to a half hour. For a stronger effect, it can be combined with some stretching before and meditation after.
- Put some music on that has a good tempo but is not too hyper or emotionally stimulating. Drumming sounds, or any regular beating sounds, are good.
- Sit on the ground (on a carpet or a mat) with your legs crossed. Feel your perineum on the floor, and make your spine straight. Alternately, you can sit on a chair, with your feet flat on the floor, and straighten your spine.
- Close your eyes and gently start nodding your head side to side with a comfortable rhythm. Keep your mouth open and let the air naturally come out.
- As you repeat the movements, focus on the rhythm, and let it grow as your head becomes lighter and free to shake in any direction it wants. Imagine your brain stem (in the center of your skull) and your nervous system going down from your brain stem along your spinal cord and to all parts of your body.
- Keep visualizing yourself bright and relaxed. Keep following the rhythm, which can now travel down your spine, engaging your shoulders and upper body as well as your head and neck.
- Feel the sensations in your whole body. All kinds of sensations can happen, tinkling, magnetism, vibration, among others. Just focus on your feeling.
- After a couple minutes, you’ll start quieting your thoughts and emotions and feeling your body more and more effortlessly.
- There is no right or wrong way to do it; the most important thing is for you to get into your natural rhythm and enjoy. You can do the full exercise for about 5 to 8 minutes. If you feel comfortable and focused, you can do it for a longer period.
- More energy and stamina
- Improved focus and concentration
- More optimism and enthusiasm
- Better and deeper sleep
- Feeling more centered and balanced
- Improved functioning immune system
- Increased sense of wellbeing
- More efficient blood circulation
- Better oxygen transport
- Accelerated regeneration of sick tissues
- Stimulation of neural cells and synapses
- Cellular detoxification
- Relaxation of muscles